Try This Summer’s Food Trends
Summer’s a great time to try new adventures, activities and food. Give your taste buds a boost with this year’s hottest food trends.
Here’s some food for your thought:
You’ll be walking on cloud nine after noshing on this delicious new take on eggs.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolk, and keep the yolk for later.
- Whisk the whites, and then bake at 180 for about 5 minutes. Bake at 150° for approx. 2 more minutes.
- Add the yolk and bake for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve over your choice of greens, carrots, peppers and mushrooms or over whole wheat toast.
We know it’s important to “eat a rainbow” of foods. Now you can add a new color to your plate with purple produce. Shape.com reports that 90 percent of Americans don’t eat enough purple foods, which are linked to heart and memory health benefits. Complete your rainbow with purple:
- Sweet potatoes
Sizzling BBQ is a summertime staple, triggering many fond memories of outdoor gatherings and family time. This summer, you can put a twist on delicious BBQ.
- Go bunless: Skip the brioche bun and its extra carbs. Instead, serve your favorite meats straight from the grill and into a bowl.
- Try new flavors:
- Harissa is a hot chili pepper paste made from red, Baklouti and serrano peppers along with a variety of spices and herbs.
- Tzatziki is made from strained or diluted yogurt mixed with cucumbers, garlic, salt and olive oil. It’s perfect as a dip for grilled meat.
Try any of these delicious summer food trends, and share your creations with us on Facebook!
At The Christian Village at Mason, we’re dedicated to helping our residents stay healthy and happy. Visit our website or our social media at Facebook or Twitter for continued updates.
September 20, 2017
September 19, 2017
September 14, 2017