Fun Things to Do in Mason This Summer
There’s nothing better for the body, mind and spirit than a little summer sunshine and fresh air while spending time with family and friends. The longer days and warmer nights this time of year create a great opportunity to get out and enjoy all that your community has to offer.
Whether you want to stay close to home or head out for a little “summer excursion,” there are plenty of fun things to do that won’t break the bank.
“The Best 6 Doctors: Sunshine, Exercise, Air, Water, Rest and Diet.”
– Wayne Fields
You don’t have to go far for a great catch:
- Lake Shaffer, The Christian Village at Mason’s Lake Shaffer is a fully stocked, five-acre lake where residents can enjoy a relaxing afternoon of catch and release fishing.
- Pine Hill Lakes Park Located off Kings Mills Road, the park offers a large and small lake that are regularly stocked with a variety of fish. Participants must have a current 2017 City of Mason fishing pass. For more information, click here.
- Cottell Park Located at the intersection of Snider Road and Irwin-Simpson, the 46-acre park features a catch and release fishing pond
We All Scream for Ice Cream
- Tucker’s Whippy Dip Located at 127 E. Main Street near downtown Mason, this long-running, cash-only snack bar is open in the summertime for soft-service ice cream, hotdogs and more.
- Yagoot Located at 5843 Deerfield Blvd., this is where you can find tangy and tasty frozen yogurt.
Whether you’re just looking to take a leisurely stroll or a brisk walk to give your ticker a bit of a workout, there are many places to enjoy the great outdoors and get a little sunshine-provided vitamin D while you’re at it.
- Pine Hill Park
- Deerfield Honors Veterans Park
Take advantage of the warmer weather and venture out to one of the locally owned restaurants in Mason for a unique and delicious dining experience:
- Wildflower Café – 207 E. Main Street Restaurant features an regularly changing menu based on seasonal, local eating and peak freshness.
- Pitrelli’s Italian Restoranté – 404 2nd Avenue A true mom and pop Italian dining experience
- Two Cities Pizza – 202 West Main Street in downtown Mason Restaurant features the best of New York and Chicago style pizza
Music in Mason
The city’s new summer concert series is a great place to gather with family and friends to enjoy live music, entertainment, food and summer fun! June concerts will be held every Friday evening in downtown Mason. In July, the concerts move to Sunday nights at the scenic Golf Center. Click here for more information.
Red, Rhythm & Boom
The City of Mason’s popular summer event will be held this year on Monday, July 3, beginning at 4 p.m. and ending at 10 p.m. Enjoy a dazzling fireworks display presented by Rozzi’s Famous Fireworks. For more information, click here.
August 17, 2017
August 08, 2017
August 04, 2017